A metal roof installed by a St. Petersburg FL roofing company Old Time Roofing will not only increase the curb appeal of your property but also add more value. Metal roofs give your property a modern look and provide more protection than a typical shingled roof. Metal roofs are becoming more popular in recent years. There’s much to consider before you choose a metal roofing system for your home or company. Here is some information that you should know before choosing a metal roof. Here we answer the frequently asked question of how much does a metal roof increase home value?
SHINGLE OR METAL ROOFS?
Metal roofs are typically between $5,000 and $12,000. Asphalt shingles roofs, on the other hand, can run from $5,000 to $10,000. Metal roofs are more expensive than average but offer greater protection and a longer life expectancy. According to Old Time Roofing roofing company, a metal roof can last 50 years.
BENEFITS FROM METAL ROOFS
Old Time roofing contractors want to tell you about the many benefits of metal roofs:
- Fast installation
- Long life span
- Any color & can be painted
- Many metal roofs can be placed over an old shingle roof
- Metal roofs can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and heat temperatures
- Provides protection against inclement weather such as hail, hurricanes and high winds
- Metal roofing with reflective styles reduces cooling costs, very energy efficient.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF METAL ROOFS?
You have many options when it comes to metal roofing materials. These are the average prices for different types of metal roofs used by a St. Pete FL metal roofing contractor.
- Steel panels made of corrugated steel: $100-$200/square foot
- Steel or Aluminum Shingles: $250-$375 Per Square Foot
- Steel-coated: $200-$400/square foot
- Copper and zinc: $700-$900/square foot
- Standing seam – $400-$700/square foot
- Tin: $350-$1,500 per square foot
Talk to Old Time Roofing before installing your metal roof. They can help you determine which material is best for your home and budget.
WHAT VALUE DOES METAL ROOFS BRING TO MY FL HOME?
Metal roofs add value to any home, but they are especially useful in Florida. Research has shown that metal roofs can be more expensive than laminate shingles. The Remodeling Report 2019 found that a metal roof costs an average of $38,600, which increases the home’s worth by 60.9 percent. So How Much Does a Metal Roof Increase Home Value? About 60.9%!
Metal roofs can last for over 50 years while laminate shingles only last 20. Metal roofs will last longer than laminate shingles, and you may end up paying more, but it could save you money. If you interested in getting a new metal roof for your Florida home, contact us today!