What are the pros vs cons of Metal Roofs? Metal roofing are becoming increasingly popular among homeowners and commercial building owners due to their durability and longevity. However, metal roofs have pros and cons as with any building material. In this article, we’ll explore the advantages and disadvantages of metal roofs to help you decide whether they’re suitable for your building.
Pros of Metal Roofs
- Longevity: Metal roofs are known to last for decades, sometimes up to 50 years or more, depending on the type of metal used and the quality of installation. Its longevity makes metal roofs an excellent long-term investment for homeowners.
- Durability: Metal roofs are highly resistant to damage from weather elements like wind, hail, and snow, as well as fire, insects, and rot. They can withstand extreme temperatures and won’t crack or corrode over time.
- Energy efficiency: Metal roofs reflect the sun’s rays, reducing the heat entering your home. This can help keep your home cooler during hot weather, reducing the need for air conditioning and lowering energy bills.
- Low maintenance: Metal roofs require very little maintenance, unlike other roofing materials like asphalt shingles. They don’t need to be repainted or resealed and are easy to clean with a hose or pressure washer.
- Aesthetics: Metal roofs come in various colors and styles, so homeowners can choose a look that suits their home’s style and architecture. They can also be shaped to mimic the appearance of other roofing materials like tile or slate.
- Eco-friendliness: Many metal roofs are made from recycled materials and are recyclable at the end of their life. They are also lightweight, reducing the fuel needed for transportation during installation.
Cons of Metal Roofs
- Cost: Metal roofs can be more expensive than roofing materials, such as asphalt shingles. However, their longevity and durability can make them a cost-effective option in the long run.
- Noise: Metal roofs can be noisy during heavy rain or hail storms. However, this can be mitigated by adding insulation or installing the roof over an existing top.
- Expansion and Contraction: Metal roofs can expand and contract with temperature changes, which can cause the screws and fasteners to loosen over time. This can be addressed using specialized pins or screws to accommodate the metal’s expansion and contraction.
- Installation: Installing a metal roof can be more complex and time-consuming than other roofing materials. Working with an experienced and qualified contractor ensures the installation is done correctly.
Schedule a FREE Estimate
If you’re in need of a new roof for your home, consider the pros vs cons of a metal roofs installed by Old Time Roofing. With decades of experience in the roofing industry, our team of experts can provide you with a high-quality metal roof that will last for decades.
Don’t wait until your old roof starts leaking or deteriorating. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and see how a metal roof can improve your home’s durability, energy efficiency, and aesthetics. Our team will work with you to choose the right type and style of metal roof for your home, and provide you with a competitive quote for installation.
Invest in your home’s long-term protection and beauty with a metal roof from Old Time Roofing. Contact us today to get started!
Other Services We Offer
Old Time Roofing is a dedicated team of experts that can help you with the following:
Roofing materials that we work with:
Refrain from entrusting your roofing needs to just anyone. With Old Time Roofing, you can rest easy knowing that your roof is in capable hands.