A roof is one of your biggest investments as a homeowner. You have many options when it comes to choosing a roof, from the price to the materials and the company that will be installing it. We will help you estimate the cost of a new roof in Florida and explain some of the factors involved in calculating this price. Florida’s average new roof cost is $7211. The average homeowner can expect to spend between $4700- $10,000. You will need to factor in the square footage of your home and roof. This can make it more costly.
Roofs are subject to many costs. Many roofing manufacturers expect to raise prices in 2023 due to inflation, supply-chain issues, and increased demand. Depending on the company, these increases can range from 3.5% to 15 %. They follow an increase of around 10% in the past year. The average roof replacement cost in Florida is between $11,000 and $30,000; most homeowners pay approximately $15,000 to replace existing roofing with a new 2,000 sq. ft. Stone-covered metal roof. The low cost of this project is $9,000 per 2,000 sq. ft. Roof with architectural shingles that last 30 years. A 2,000 sq. ft. roof can cost up to $50,000—clay tile roof with modest reinforcements to the roof deck.
You have many options when it comes to choosing a roofing material for your roof. While each material has its pros and cons, they all do the same thing: protect your home from the outside elements. We’ll be covering some of the most popular options now, but you can always do your own research.
Asphalt Shingle Roof
Asphalt shingles are a popular, affordable material. They are easy to install and come in a variety of colors. Their lifespan is about 15 years. Roof shingle replacement cost between $100 and $480 per square, depending on what material they are made from. Asphalt shingles are lightweight and can be used on any residential roof.
Shingles come in a variety of styles and colors. There are many styles and textures available for homeowners. This gives homeowners the freedom to design their homes as they wish. Shingles can also be affordable. A roof can make a huge difference in the home’s value. Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective option in terms of both roofing material and labor.
Shingles are resistant to algae, so roofs are not stained black, especially in Florida. They are simple to replace and repair. It is easy to find a roofing contractor who has experience with asphalt roofs.
Metal roofing for residential use is growing fast. It has quadrupled its market share in the last decade. These roofs offer homeowners the opportunity to make their homes more durable by replacing them with metal roofing. Metal roofs offer the following benefits, which are more durable than other roofs.
- Performance expectation of 50+ years
- Beautiful styles that match any home or community
- Interlocking panels for maximum wind resistance.
- Fire resistant
- Cooling homes to increase energy efficiency.
- Low weight to help preserve structural integrity and long life.
Metal roofing is a popular roofing material. It is durable and is a low-maintenance roofing material that homeowners love. It’s a good choice for homeowners looking for a strong, and attractive roof. Metal roofs can last for more than 50 years. Metal roofing has its limitations. You will need to hire a professional roofing company that is familiar with installing metal frames. Depending on the type of metal you choose, metal roofs can run from $100 to $1500 per square.
Keep your roof in top shape by calling us at 727-390-0717
Tile/slate is the last material that we’ll be discussing. Slate and tile are the most costly materials on the list. They require professional roofers to be installed because they are heavy and easily damaged if they are not properly handled. Although the cost per square of tile can be as high as $4000-$8000, the 100-year lifespan will make it worth it.
There is more to tile roofs than its beautiful looks. Tile roofs can withstand water, frost, wind damage, and fire for many years rather than just a few decades. A properly installed tile roof is the best investment a building owner can make in their lifetime. This makes it a great asset when it comes time to resale value.
- Tile roofs are extremely durable, and can last up to 50 years if installed in the right environment. They can withstand high winds, hail, rot, insect damage, and even fire. Many manufacturers offer a warranty of 50 years to give you complete peace of mind.
- Roof tiles are available in many profiles that will suit any architectural style. They have many options in terms of appearance. They can look like wood shakes or century-old roofing materials, or they can be round. You can match your roof to your exterior color scheme with their extensive selection of colors.
- Tile roofs require minimal upkeep when installed correctly and under normal conditions. They are extremely durable and resistant to damage so you won’t need to undertake any roof repairs. Your roofing contractor will only have to replace damaged tiles if a section of your roof is ever damaged.
- Roof tiles reflect more heat off your home than any other roofing material. The tiles’ high thermal mass effectively regulates indoor temperatures, reducing the need to use artificial cooling devices and energy.
Cost of Labor
The labor cost is another major factor that will affect the cost of a new roof in Florida. You should remember that roofing contractors must be able to pay their workers and overhead. The cost of your project will vary depending on how big it is, what material you choose, and how complex the job is. The average labor cost to have a roof replaced is between $150 and $300 per square. This can vary depending on the complexity of your project and the materials you choose.
What to Look for When Choosing a Roofing Contractor
- Experience and reputation: Look for a contractor who has been in business for a while and has a good reputation in your community. Check online reviews, ask for references, and look at their past work.
- Licensing and insurance: Make sure the roofing contractor you choose has the proper licenses and insurance to protect you and your property in case of accidents or damage during the roofing project.
- Knowledge and expertise: The roofing contractor should know extensively about different roofing materials, installation techniques, and repairs. They should be able to answer your questions and provide expert advice.
- Communication: A good roofing contractor should communicate effectively throughout the project, keeping you informed of progress, any issues that arise, and potential delays.
- Warranty: Ensure that the roofing contractor provides security for their work. A good warranty will give you peace of mind and protect you from future issues.
- Competitive pricing: Get multiple quotes from different roofing contractors and compare them. Avoid contractors who offer lowball quotes, as this may indicate a lack of experience or the use of defective materials.
- Availability: Choose a contractor who can begin the project in a reasonable timeframe and has a detailed schedule for completion.
There are many factors that will affect the cost of your replacement roof project. It is important to do your research on the right materials and the size of your house before you hire a roofing contractor. They can help you navigate the process. Ask as many questions about your build as possible to ensure you fully understand it and that you aren’t paying too much or too little for labor or materials. If you are ready to get a new roof, contact us today!
Schedule Your FREE Estimate
When it comes to finding the best roofing contractor in Florida, look no further than Old Time Roofing. As a trusted and reputable roofing company, we pride ourselves on delivering top-quality services and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Don’t settle for anything less than the best roofing contractor in Florida. Contact Old Time Roofing today to schedule a consultation and experience our exceptional services firsthand. Visit our website for more information about our company and to view examples of our past projects.
Services We Offer
Old Time Roofing is a dedicated team of experts that can help you with:
Roofing materials that we work with: